A great limo ride can be the highlight of your event. However, all of the limo companies Toronto has are not the same, so you must exercise discretion when shopping around for limo services. Here are the five things that you should always keep in mind:
- Don’t make price your only consideration
It makes sense that you would want to minimize your expenses, but there is a difference between being price conscious and being cheap. If you only consider price, then anything could go wrong with your limo ride, including:
- The wrong vehicle pulling up (imagine a white van pulling up to ride you around on your wedding day!)
- A lack of services that meet your expectations
- A bad limo driver
- A damaged vehicle
- Late service
Although you should keep price in mind, especially if you are on a budget, avoid problems like these by looking beyond the price, and consider the factors discussed below.
- You should contact prospective limo companies directly before you decide
Flyers, brochures and websites are great for giving you an idea of what types of services a limo company offers. However, to be sure that whatever you need will be available, you will have to contact them directly, so give them a phone call, send them an email or just stop by and ask some questions.
- Types of limos available
- Just because a vehicle is listed on a limo company’s website doesn’t mean that it will be available on your desired date, so you will need to be sure. Keep in mind that the classic limo sedan is not the only type of limo that exists. Some limo companies in Toronto carry limo cars, trucks and even buses; this information is not always listed on the website.
- Complimentary services included
- Your limo ride isn’t just for show. It is a part of your experience for your event; a great selection of complimentary services (drinks, food, etc.) can make all the difference.
- Premium services available
- This question is a great way to find out everything that the limo company will do for you; it can also help you avoid surprise expenses.
- Proper licensing
- The average customer doesn’t always ask a potential limo service about the licensing of their vehicles. It is essential that you ask to see the licence for the vehicle you are considering booking, since an up-to-date license will indicate that the car has been deemed safe to carry passengers and in working order by the city issuing the license.
- Insurance policy
- When you contact a limo service in Toronto, ask about the type of insurance coverage they have on their vehicles. Many limo companies will opt for a basic policy that does not cover the medical expenses of the passengers in the case of an accident or injury. Reputable companies like Yorkville Limo offer comprehensive insurance coverage that protects both drivers and passengers, whether there is just one passenger riding in the limo, or 32 passengers in one of our buses!
- You should plan ahead
When do you need your limo? If you already know the exact date and time, you should try to get a limo booked as far ahead as possible. By doing this, you are also making sure that your desired vehicle from your preferred limo company will be available when you need it. Waiting until the last minute could leave you scrambling to settle for whatever is left, especially during busy limo rental seasons.
- Check out the limo companies’ reputation
Once you have created a shortlist of potential limo companies, it is time to start narrowing your choices down to one. One of the best ways to get this process started is to audit customer reviews for each limo company. When you do this, it is important that you don’t just go for the company with the highest star rating, because these can be deceptive. Instead, make sure that you consider all of the following factors:
- Total star rating
- Number of customer reviews
- What people are saying in the written reviews
Another good way to check that you are dealing with a reputable limo service is to verify that they have a physical address. Many limo companies will operate without a head office, keeping their fleet of vehicles at residential homes instead. Choosing a limo company that has a location you can visit gives you the opportunity to have a look at the available vehicles and ensure that you are getting exactly what you want for your special event. Though smaller limo companies may offer cheaper rates, there are many advantages to using a larger, more established limo company.
- Always set everything in stone
Once you have officially chosen a limo company, it is time to set up your ride. When you do this, make sure that you get an official contract written out, so that the limo company can’t “forget” the offer or back out.
With these steps, finding the best limo companies Toronto has to offer you will be easy.
Are you in need of limousine services in Toronto for your upcoming event? Trust Yorkville Limousine and our team of executive chauffeurs for luxurious and professional transportation solutions! Fill in our form to get a free limousine quote today!